The Leeds Cemeteries
There are two cemetaries in Leeds Quebec. Both are located at the town center on Route 269.
The following is a partial listing of people who have stones in the Leeds Methodist Cemetery:
- Colvin, Jane, born 1/6/1830, died 4/11/1871
- Lowry, Thomas, born 10/22/1824, died 3/2/1892
- Samuel Scott, born 1824, died 1911
- Mary, born ~1837, wife of Samuel Scott born 1824, died 3/26/1873 at 36 yrs.
The following is a partial listing of people who have stones in the Leeds St. James Cemetery:
- Bertha M. McKee, born 9/10/1877, died 3/2/1951
- Mary Mackey, born ~1867, daughter of S&MJ Mackey died 5/18/1889
- Samuel McKee, born 2/3/1860, died 1/2/1916
- John McKee, born ~1850, died 6/19/1902 at 52 yrs [stone says wife was Catherine Cox]
- Mary A. Morrison, born 1861, died 1929
- John B. Morrison, born 1869, died 1935
- William Morrison, born 1827, died 1910
- Elizabeth Thompson, born 1832, wife of William Morrison born 1827, died 1915
- James T. Morrison, born 1863, son of William Morrison born 1827, died 1909 at 49 yrs
- George Morrison, born 1865, son of William Morrison born 1827, died 1909 at 44 yrs.
- Jane Thompson, born ~1803, wife of John McKee, died 10/13/1888 at 85 yrs.
- Emeline Orr, born 1870, wife of William Scott, died 1908
- William Scott, born 1864, died 1916
Note that records of the entire cemetery can be found at the Comptom Museum or by writing to the Megantic-Comptom Cemetery and Church Association, 147 Route 255 N, RR #1, Bury Quebec, J0B 1J0.
If anyone who can verify these stones, please contact the researcher.